Friday 10 August 2012

My triumphant return

idiot setting fire to his faceMassive tidy-up session and fry-up of everything left over in the fridge.
monument in town squareWe left the apartment complex dead on time and headed into Newport to meet Jofs' workfriend. As we drove towards her house (farm) she was behind us on the road! O, how we laughed as we concentrated so much on the mirth of the situation that we missed the turnoff and had to do a 3-point turn for only the 40th time this holiday.
fishbourne to portsmouth car ferry isle of wightWe ditched Jof and headed back into the annoying one-way maze that is the county town of Newport (all roads lead to Newport, at least on the Isle of Wight).
fishbourne to portsmouthWe walked around in circles trying to find the fabled toyshop with the Lego in the window that we saw a couple of days ago whilst lost in the Nightmare that is Newport.
spinnaker tower and lipstickEventually - success! I chose the Lego Heroes XT-4 and Voltix - part of the next generation of Villains that perhaps Ben and the JoniBobs haven't got yet, so I may be able to show something off to make up for my lack of height. I've got enough Vitamin D from the sunshine from the last week, who knows. Then we met Jof at the planned 3-lion statue in the high street.
Just before we were due to leave, Jof ordered a leisurely yet tasty cafe lunch so we made it to the Fishbourne Ferry Port just a little bit late, because of all the 30mph signs affixed by the manic council official on all the trees.
However due to sea fog in the Solent, all the ferries were running late so we sat in the queue for an hour. When we finally got under way all the car alarms went off and we all laughed. We wondered how we were supposed to drive off but in Portsmouth, the entire top deck lowered on pistons and we could just roll off!
It was a great holiday and I'll be remembering details for years to come.
Then, just when I was rebuilding my new villains - it was time for my swimming lesson! I showed off my new ability to swim underwater (shame it turned out I just had my face underwater, with my bum and the back of my head still protruding) and did well.
Bed after shower, good to be back in civilisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.