Tuesday 2 April 2013

If I was 2 years younger

jet fighter in transport planeLast night I was still having an animated conversation with myself at 1030 when a dark figure came into my bedroom and said that he'd use the plant sprayer to cover my face in ice water at 0530 if I didn't shut up. Seriously, what father would do that? Oh. That one.
We reached YMCA for 10-ish only to find that the swimming as advertised was for 5s and under. I might be a little on the short side but I'm too old so was conned out of it. Never mind, Poppy C and a couple of my schoolfriends played Fashion Parades, making Easter Bonnets, and 7 different varieties of Tag games eg British Bulldogs, Zombie Tag, Prison Breakout and stuck in the mud. He picked me up early and we used the back streets to escape (big crash on the road by swingpark, air ambulance helicopter landing in the park, so it was closed off making traffic jams) to Gymnastics where we were so few we got free-play after we'd done badge work.
Jof has bought a plastic 4-drawer cupboard thing and has spent hours separating off all the Lego wheels and flats and humanoids and half-width blocks and doors/fences/gates/windows. Yes, it's great when you look up from your building project and can reach straight for a 12-nob green 2-height cockpit canopy, but I wonder whether my Lego friends and I might not simply bung them all in a big pile on the floor again. She says we can build tomorrow. I am yet to decide what shape tomorrow will be, something futuristic, no doubt, although the future is not set.....

1 comment:

  1. What does tomorrow look like? How would you build it? -Ben

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.