Monday 8 October 2012

What do I know? Not much

plastic weapons for a six year old boyworkplace fail what are you eating thereAfter trying hard for a long time, Jof has finally achieved her girlhood ambition and has bought an umbrella stand (not an elephant's leg, poor pachyderms). However it is not for umbrellas, it is for my weapons, which fall over a lot and won't stay in their dedicated place, especially when Bobert visits. In fact they still fall over a lot because of the gaps so I'll have to invent a bucket or plant pot or similar to go in it. Here it is. Can you see the interloper?
obe military cross africa star ww1 and ww2 medalsYes, it is Great-Grandad's dress sword. He was a Royal Artillery Colonel by World War 2 but he shot cannons in World War 1 as well. This is why he has a whole rash of campaign medals from both wars and an OBE, pinned upon him by the King himself.
great war medal obe long service defence africa star Obviously I have not earned these medals myself, I am merely displaying them on his behalf. He also has an identical set in miniature which is most cool.
I took them to Beavers to show off. You get badges in Beavers, not medals, and mostly for things like road safety, not surviving 5 years in a ditch being bombed and shot at. But Red Leader (he must have an official name such as Buzzard or Vulture) said could we bring all of it for the meeting day nearest Remembrance Sunday and he'd get all the Beavers and Cubs and Scouts in at the same time and Bud has to do a speech. Seems fair - we'd better go up into the loft and wash his uniform.
Tonight he caught a mouse in the kitchen when it hid in an oven glove. He flushed it down the toilet, never to be seen again by dwellers of the daylight world.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.