Sunday 7 October 2012

Homeward bound

stone barn conversion with thick wallsGranDad thought we'd finished all the tasks but GrandMa was still up for more. We cleared a whole bookcase and emptied another one and moved them all around so the antiquarian bookseller could visit the house and take what he wanted. Once he's been, by definition everything else is charity-shoppable. The piles of flat-packed boxes we took have come in very useful.
grove place retirement living nursling romsey southamptonDuring this book-packing exercise, GrandMa did have to tell me to be quiet because my little babbling brain works faster than hers and if I don't get a satisfactory answer I simply repeat the question several times, even if it was a pointless one in the first place.
I pretended to be a Buddha or sad hippy on the windowsill, but this was really just to show how thick the windowsills are in stone barn conversions.
On the way home we stopped off at their new place. It doesn't look bad. I wonder if we can ever go up the towers. As we were there, an elderly yet clearly well-off couple swanned up in their BMW convertible and tweeted the keypad to open these automatic gates. Will GMa/GDad fit in? Who knows. Did they ever fit in anywhere?
In the same way as Bud pays me back for going shopping with him by taking me to a new swingpark, Jof pays me back by taking me to Marks and Spencer for a toastie sandwich. It's a better class of snack although last time they'd run out and I had to have a truncated toastie. (Just because I'm a truncated human...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.