Saturday 4 April 2015

Making a Drama out of a Crisis

Jof had to go to work (again?) so we resolutely failed to get up. But after strengthening myself with some scrambled chicken ovulations I went to my first real drama lesson! It was very quiet, it looked like we were the only people in the building until 2 girls turned up and the teacher bounced out, and that was our class, maybe I'll be able to get a word in.
groundlings theatre portsmouth acting classes drama lessonsFor the first hour we did stage presence and exercises and then after tea break we made up our own play. Each group gets a decade to write about and we have the 1940s so we are child evacuees going to live in the countryside while the Luftwaffe tries to shoot down the train.
The girls made plane noises and I was a chattering machine gun which was handy because I make that noise all the time anyway. I am a legless chap like Eddie Murphy at the beginning of Trading Places due to a land mine so they will push me round on a little wheeled trolley. I took lots of notes and we have many ideas and if I get to be the lead role I'll be onstage for ages. The large amount of films in my memories proved a great source of inspiration.
After hours and hours of Minecraft I went for a run. This is something I agreed to while drunk, I think, but because my little tummy sticks out a bit and I've already entered the Great South Kiddie Run in October, I have to lose weight and gain fitness and apparently that's how the army do it. So we only went round the park a bit but I ran for 10 minutes, not including gaps for breathing. I also tried to renegotiate the whole way round but talking while running didn't work out so well for me.
Later I made spinach and Ricotta pasta for myself as part of the Cub Scout Getting-off-your-bottie-and-doing-stuff-for-yourself badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.