Thursday 2 April 2015

Easy as Cake! A Piece of Pie!

aerosol flame on sleeping mate failYesterday when the lads came back to my gaffe we all bundled downstairs to see the cakey masterpiece that Jof and I had made, and tried to think of good excuses to eat it, like 'It was broken when we got there' and 'there were too many eggs on it anyway'.
trestle tables of home made cakes for saleToday we get to buy all the slices of cake to raise school funds for the benefit of us kids, so in fact we're helping ourselves by eating it.
So in school we had even more tests and we did some running around and the last half-hour of term was a free period so I watched Ben play a game where you have to evade capture and survive the onslaught of some zombie-type aggressors. As soon as I got my demob papers I ran to the assembly hall where the volunteer parents had set up the cake stalls.
Jof is a volunteer parent because she volunteers our help onto things like this.
Last time we were on KP we sold £20 pounds' worth of gloves and air fresheners to an unsuspecting public, against all expectations, srsly, it was the poisoned chalice job and we totally aced it.
meon junior school easter cake saleThere were so many cakes they had to go onto a second table and Bud cut and served the cakes in generous portions and I took the money, 50p per item. We had to warn people that the chicks and nests were not edible, and yet again saw the young lady (6) who bought so many air fresheners from us we had to say haven't you had enough, madam.
Once we'd got past the people proffering a £10 note for a single cupcake, we developed buckets of money in no time at all and by 4pm we'd sated a schoolful of greedy kids and their parents and I got to sit down with some brownies and an orange juice, for which I paid like everybody else. Our cake was consumed in entirety and by the end it was only the green one with grass clippings on and half of the blue and yellow doughnut left. These pictures of the same table are before and after the utter ravaging by sugar-mad hordes of parents. And their kids.
I hobbled home due to tired feet and regained the sofa, where I intend to hibernate for the bulk of the holiday period. Jof is also tired, but then again, she has to do real work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.