Tuesday 6 November 2012

Lego ergo sum

school trip and visitor centre
you are drunk meme funny snail trail slime mucilageCold! We could hear the neighbours scraping the ice from their cars, which means that the rest of the country's been doing it for a month.
Today is the much-awaited school trip to Manor Farm, to see real Victorians farming during the second world war. For this privilege we had to pay an unofficial Free-Standing Additional Voluntary Contribution of only £12. I have been allowed to wear my army boots, as has Erin (but hers are pink)(and then she wore her pink wellies anyway).
As we left school Erin said I'd been stroppy. This word is not in my lexicon. But I had had a terrible day. While I really enjoyed the Victorian classroom and the little chicks and goslings you could cuddle, the female classmate partner I was forced into having made my life a nightmare.
drawings of alien abductions, spaceships, comets and butterfliesAll the way through she made loud farmyard noises and because of all the mooing and baaing, I couldn't hear a clucking thing the teacher was saying and missed all the interesting stuff 'cos of being distracted. Then the teacher told me off for not listening. It's amazing how often this happens, I always seem to get paired up with the naughty loud one in gym as well. Then the partner ran back into the pigsty after we'd left it and had been told not to go back in, because enraged pigs eat unsupervised hands if they're shoved through the bars. I'm so traumatised I can't even remember her name. (Later identified as Jessica Finch - Bud says just call her bignose). But I did get to milk an actual cow, little fingers are good for those big dangly nips and I squeezled out some real milk! Then they put the machine on it and it was funny with it sucking out 15 pints before our very eyes. How many of you have milked a real cow?
In gymnastics I am now in the advanced class (level 6) so am doing extra-complicated obstacle courses. For want of a better signoff, here is an arty medley I drew at Nanna's place last week, note the persistent space motifs and alien satellites, and the guy getting abducted. Jof did butterflies. Food for thought for any exo-lepidopterists out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.