Thursday 1 November 2012

Days are never long enough

funny giraffes falling over fail go home you're drunkAbandoning home territory for a couple of days for a Mung-tastic visit to Nanna. I've got jobs for her - sew badges onto my Beavers uniform - and I bet she's got jobs for me.
On the journey we experienced every kind of weather available - sun, rain, wind, some very noisy hail and a double rainbow of astounding chromatic clarity (so intense, man).
boy on sofa under woolly blanketAt Nanna's I discovered that the Lego Ninjago that Jof had secretly obtained to buy my silence was a duplicate of one I already bought on the Isle of Wight. She is not qualified in the esoterica of the World Of Ninjago so cannot be expected to get it right. Thus off she went to the local store and got me some more. She returned with yet another duplicate, because when you have a talent, it's best to make the most of it. We decided that the second duplicate can stay here so I have a stash of Lego in every house, like ErinsMum has a stash of Bacardi at every PuddleFriend's house. Luckily, Jof got me a bit of Gold Mine Lego as well so now I can perform MineCraft (Hitler's little-known second book about his love of knitting).
Then we played cards and Uno until they ran out of patience with my manic quacking. One advantage of having a knitting-mad mother and grandmother - you never get cold.
The last Ebay item (for now) has sold tonight, swelling my naughty coffers. Oh yeah baby.

1 comment:

  1. I think we should arrange an UNO meet. -Ben

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.