Monday 19 November 2012

A Pier Appeared

derelict victorian pier for sale
From £190,000   Just added  Property for sale South Parade Pier, Southsea 
Public auction at The Ageas Bowl : Wednesday, 12 December 2012. Unique Opportunity To Acquire Substantial Freehold Victorian Pier For Restoration
victorian pier for saleSo only yesterday we were on this pier, sad at its dilapidated state, wondering where the money would come from to restore it to its former tacky glory. I guess we'll find out next month. The superstructure is shot through, it's never going to be strong enough to support anything heavier than a colony of seagulls (guano may be a problem). But I suppose if you're buying the substantial footprint and the right to build out into the sea, it'd make quite a good luxury flats development like Gunwharf, if you could afford the marine pilings to hold it all up. Shame, it's right in our price bracket, decent sea views, a lot bigger than the other properties we've been looking at, but no bedrooms (and a million seagulls).
-------------------------------------------------
funny vet signpostMy day started at 0513 when I got up to talk to Jof. My legs hurt and I needed my personal on-call masseuse.
Much of the day was great because my wobbly tooth (although the dentist called it mobile) is very wobbly and I can feel the sharp bit right at the bottom with my tongue.
But a lot of it was not so great because Erin and LittleMax kept wanting to play with me. I mean, there's like, 200 kids in this school but they all want a piece of me. Bud explained that this could be seen as a good thing, but I'm getting early-onset fame-ache, all these fans making demands on my time is getting tiresome. I just want to be a lawn sometimes.
In Beavers we were given a copy of the lord's prayer. We read it out a few times, coloured in some background, and that took up the whole hour, apparently. Also Louie, friend of the JBs, was back.
The last genuine castrato singer died in 1922. Bud said if I carry on the same way I could become one too, something to look forward to there.
Anyway, at school today I discovered that I have a cranial circumference of 54cm. This may be a contributing factor to the use of forceps in assisting my birth. They did make me very angry at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.