Saturday 24 November 2012

Is rain sexy? Well, it makes ME wet

Good old scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, on a tray, in front of the TV. Problem was, the remote control was slightly out of my reach (short arms syndrome - just like the T Rex) and as I reached for it, my food succumbed to a freak outbreak of gravity and spread itself liberally over the carpet. TV privileges have been summarily removed. It has been raining steadily all night.
roasted red paintFirstly: we walked through the rain to meet Bud and the nice estate agent man at the house that Erin and I had viewed yesterday. We looked through all the rooms and I chose which bedroom I was going to have and I fell over some exposed copper piping and we couldn't open the back door and it's a really really big house and we want to buy it. I stalked around telling everyone how good it was and bounced on the beds even though they weren't mine. The kitchen is so big that all the PuddleDaddies could talk about beer at one end while all the PuddleMummies could talk about relationships at the other end. Then the nice estate agent man came round to our house and valued it and told us to get the builderman in to paint the windowsills and stuff so it looked better.
Then we went back to the big new house in the rain and the owner and his 2 large dogs opened the back door so we could see the garden (tiny) and the garage (big and with workbenches and an inspection pit so you can look up car's bottoms) and we said could we buy it please. Then we went to Tesco in the rain to get some lunch while Bud and the windowman measured up for new double glazed windows, one was so stiff he had to get tools from his van to get it closed again.
john lewis toy departmentThen we did some more painting in my room which is completely empty apart from the bedframe which looks like a cross between a skeleton and a really good ladder but they said I couldn't climb it which is clearly not true. Because my room is empty, I have to go and sleep on Ben's floor tonight.
Then we went to Southsea in the rain for Jof's opticians appointment which turned out to have been 5 hours ago, so that didn't work out. I had £23 to spend on Lego in John Lewis so by total unplanned coincidence we met Ben there, which is the second time this has happened. He helped me choose which Lego to splurge my cash on by quacking and jumping up and down, which is something we're both good at. I got a double-rotor police helicopter. In a nearby charity shop we got some bath fizzers and a bag of unknown Lego, for you can never have enough. Then we met Ben in Waitrose, for, like Lego, you can never have too much of a good thing.
Jof made the rocket + launchpad which was in the unknown bag while I made the helicopter. Then Jof took me to Ben's house in the rain while Bud painted. I actually had to tell Jof to go home, she just doesn't understand chaps. That's ok, because chaps don't understand women. At home, she painted in the bathroom.
This all-action house move thing has really got me excited. You get absolutely rod all for 6 years and then all of a sudden, wang crample-doodaps, and your life is turned upside-down.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.