Thursday 29 January 2015

The Quest for the Holy 100 Talents of Brass

you only had one job stupid funny failBud was still at home when I woke up, wonder if he tested positive for cholesterol at the docs. Jof certainly tested positive for eyesight yesterday, she has to have Moleman spectacles.
Today is Myschool's Got Talent, for which I have not entered, too demeaning. Jof drove me to school and we delivered 200 hot-dog rolls for the hungry and overestimated audience.
fox and sons southsea portsmouth estate agents immobilier real estateBut one should never finish a day without doing at least 1 strange thing, so (once we'd warmed up from the sleet specially imported from Gdansk or Archangelsk or Blodsk or whatever) we went to the estate agent to tell her we really were who we said we were, and also that we indeed had well over half a billion Vietnamese Dong in the petty cash account so could afford the house without the lightbulb in Bed 3. I looked through the adverts for flats and houses in the front window while the lady with the implausible accent battled with the photocopier.
6 inch rusian artillery shell climbing wall scout meeting
After a surprisingly early fish supper, we proceeded in a westerly direction to Her Majesty's Warship Repository where I was to play Laser Quest with my Scouting fiends. And friends.
But first we nipped into the antique shop with the ambitious prices and guns and swords that Ben and I had laughed at so much last Saturday and swapsied our duplicate shell cases for the big Russian 6 inch shell we liked so much, all in a day's work. It was much taller than the others so Adam and I and the Girl with the Big Eyes posed with it by the climbing wall for the official Scout Laser Quest picture.
laser quest action stations portsmouth dockyardMy team used tactics with 2 beaters flushing out the peasants sorry pheasants into the waiting jaws of our fire-trap. We also did steaming, like those nice people at the Notting Hill Carnival. I did really well, but perhaps I just took one for the team as I came second-last again, my natural position in this game, above Abbie, the Girl with the Big Eyes. I celebrated with luxury Marmite sandwiches, having lost my voice shouting myself hoarse. Went to bed with a hot water bottle, a rubbery companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.