Friday 20 March 2015

Total Eclipse of the Arse

Today was Eclipse Day, been looking forward to it for ages and it's one of those things that if you miss it, you have to wait ages for the next one like Halley's comet or a packet of Revels without a toffee.
So we all trooped out into the playground and it was dim and cloudy, just like every other day in the English winter when it isn't actually hailing on you. We all brought plates with pinholes in but we might as well have played Frisbee.

eclipse on cloudy day science museum
I'm under there somewhere
Of course, it would have been better in Svalbard but you know, it's a school day and I'm saving my air miles for Nigeria, where I'm going to surprise that nice Prince who's been emailing me for my bank account details so he can pay me £40 million when he escapes the country.
We had our second Dance Class which is more step-to-the-beat at the moment but I see the embryo of a Street Funk dance routine developing. We also had a quiz. This one asked whether we have enough homework. And what type of homework we preferred, maths or literacy. And whether it was too easy or too hard, and whether any parents, guardians or unrelated authority figures helped us with it.
lego mixel minifiguresWell of course that's a pretty dumb question for a load of 9 year-old schoolkids, we all said far too much homework, cheers, but I did grudgingly admit that maths was my favourite. Liberty Bodice and Grace N'Favour and Amelia (all on the Blue table, or should I say the Boo table) all said that they wanted more homework, Jof called them Swots and Teacher's pets. Amazingly, recent exit polls suggest that the parental version of exactly the same questionnaire was heavily loaded in favour of much more homework, please.
At home I got this big lecture on doing what you're told and keeping an eye on the time which is why I keep getting my Minecraft time taken from me, because he sends me to bed and later finds me singing to Lego without having done my teeth or anything, or he says go to bed by 915 and he finds me downstairs at 930 and I say I didn't know. But I got a bonus 30 minutes of Minecraft because it's Friday. And 2 more Lego Mixels.
Grandad rang to say that there was something he had to tell us, and that he was sure he'd remember it soon. This is becoming increasingly frequent, is this what I've got to look forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.