Thursday 14 February 2013

Wet love play

funny valentine card from mass murderers'Twas the final day of this half-term so I brought back a large cardboard creation for storing my Lego Humanoids, the idea based on Erin's makeup tidy.
The school valentines' cake stall was in full swing when I got out, he'd bought 4 orange cup-cakelets for the Thursday Parkers, as orange is my current favourite colour.
milton barn portsmouthThe sun was out so we hastened to the park where we met Ben and the JBs. OK, so it wasn't warm and there were giant puddles all over the sodden landscape but we enjoyed it anyway. Ben and I didn't like the cakes, Bob ate some of the cupcake paper which put him off a bit, but both he and Johnny finished theirs (orange moustaches). A small but animated random dog entered the swingpark area (dogs not allowed) three times and hoovered up our dropped cake crumbs enthusiastically. wood chips soaked by excessive rain
There is no point telling us to avoid the puddles because jumping in them and kicking footballs and tennis balls in them and swinging over them and chasing each other through them is the best way to get wet'n'muddy. How was I supposed to know that the adult's dire predictions of freezing tootsies would come true? Random coincidence, I said, as I snuggled on the sofa under several of Jof's crocheted disaster blankets with clean socks and trousers.
Although it was valentine's day none of us brought home cards for mummies (see article on Oedipus Rex) but Ben sent one to Football Harry and I think Bobert carded Harriet. I don't have to, of course, because Poppy and Erin both know already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.