Wednesday 6 February 2013

Prole models or Troll models

chlamydia std as worst stupidest girls name everMy current favourite TV program (apart from the acceptable cross-party perennials Simpsons and Futurama) is Phineas and Ferb. In fact, both of them are content to sit down and watch it with me, although they seem to laugh at jokes I don't get and can read box labels such as "Acme Dynamite" etc so may get more from it.
neurotic woman stressed madness typecastIn this programme, Candace the older sister and her friends are so neurotic, stressed and obsessed by what other people think of them that they can never have fun, and yet are shallow and shopping/fashion obsessed. The male leads and their co-conspirators are calm, balanced, intelligent, considered, inventive and able to find happiness and enjoyment in the smallest of things. This is so totally unlike the real world I experience, I worry that cartoons are a malign influence and the children of today are being brought up with unreasonable and inaccurate role models.
At school today I bought a Children In Need red nose which has a highly suspicious cleft at the back to stick your nose in. Erin didn't buy one because she forgot her £1. I, of course am cleverer than that, because I know I am stupid. Thus, because I know I'll never remember either, I always have an emergency stash of £3 or so in my book bag.
milton park southsea tennis courts in parkWe rushed home from school to change for our own little Wednesday Park because it wasn't actually raining. Workmen have dug up the tennis courts and the basketball court and the other tennis courts so either the council can't afford to maintain them and are ripping them up to return the land to nature, or the council can afford to put down new swanky marble courts with massage tables and wind chimes and aromatic baths: your guess is as good as mine.
There were only teenagers there so we ran home out of the keen wind and I was dismal at the spelling test again. When you're trying to write 'Coach', and you're invited to correct the 'Couch' that you've put, so you upgrade it to 'Coghch', then you know you're in trouble.
We have started to sort out the Lego box in preparation for the next Giant Lego Building. It will be even bigger, taller, and with more lights and humans and propellers and windows. Just you wait and see, Honorius Higgins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.