Friday 15 February 2013

Friday, with the merest Hint of Prune

5s safety in the workplace remove personal photos
ILLEGAL
televised orchestra performance percussion funny fail gifToday the tragic news reaches my ears that my portraits shall no longer adorn the metal racking at Bud's work. I have lent a splash of colour and Royalty to the lab these past several years but I have now fallen foul of something called 5S. This edict from the tidiness police means that anything not work-related must be removed. Thus the inherent dangers of the workplace have been reduced, as has morale. After all, you never know when a laminated photo of a small boy in a tomato garden will suddenly fall off and sever your leg.
smooth playing surface with lago ninjago sensei blue dragonAnyone else been forced to take down pictures of the desert island / tennis girl scratching her bum / cat calendar? I'm sure you all feel safer for it, and not pointlessly picked upon in any way.
Grandma and Grandad have viewed their new retirement apartment, and got lost in Southampton. Twice.
Today is an inset day (teacher training, and a contracted day off) so Jof and I had a lie-in.
We went into town and got my Lego parcel from the post office, I'm going to save it for the Nanna visit next week and possibly leave it there so I've always got something to do.

In the afternoon we did loft work again and got down some more cruel and unusual glassware for Jof to pack and some mirrors and a leaning tower of Pisa and a bong with 2 pipes and several camels and some more swords. The antique glass had to have its own box. Later, Jof played me at spinners. So, Bud is all very well with our investigations of castles, tunnels, rocks and so forth, but has he ever played me at Ninjago Spinners? No. But Jof suggested a smooth fighting tray with bevelled edges so that errant spinners fell back into the field of play.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.