Saturday 1 September 2012

A boogaloo from Wooloomooloo to Ouagadougou

kid upside down on climbing frameOn our bottlebank walk we didn't get anything from the 20p car shop but did meet 'Arry and Emily in Tunnelpark so did the chase-with-ball-attack game until we all got too sweaty and thirsty.
Second up was my trip to Toys'r'us for some Lego - goodness me it's expensive! I could have got a Millenium Falcon, a snip at only £130. Most of the big boxes seemed to be in the £40-£60 region, so my £28 from Nanna didn't go far, I only got one Ninjago motorbike and a LegoHero.
home made home designed t shirts
alley at side of semidetached houseWe collected Pops to get her out of the house so her newly-engaged parents could get on with preparing for the party (with Jofs' help) and shouting at each other. Jof had bought us some cheap T-shirts so we drew our own designs on them, Pops did love hearts (millions of them) and I did a left-brain grid and a g+Э motif for the happy couple (it was supposed to be J+K). Then she painted her nails because she's going to be a witch.
garden gazebo and wooden toy houseErin and Beth came round to design their own shirts as well.
The PuddleParty followed its usual course with beer and dancing and hordes of kids running around. It seemed that having one or more kids was a prerequisite for entry to the event (apart from a group of single men who discussed growing weeds in their sheds, why would you want to do that?) and we all invaded Pops' room and trashed it, while her older sister tried to empty the Pimms bottle before anyone noticed. I earned a quid for finding somebody's shoes - mildly strange, but as no-one else could be bothered to help her, I've gained ££. Bethsdad had to go home early with a self-inflicted beer-related head injury but Baby Edward was still toddling around when I left.
I did manage a shower before bed but was asleep swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.