Back to my Home Page:
Pointless pings I have met, we love you all! How many have found you?
trazodone.pw unlicensed medication sites - Belarus
topblogstories.com (lots of russian porn)
Perhaps us bloggers are a breed apart. We're intensely private individuals, and yet (self-denial) choose to make our thoughts and lives public to the whole world via the great anonymizing randomizer that is the internet in a sort of proxy-orgy revelation. I could be a schoolchild in Penang, a life prisoner in Ohio, a researcher in McMurdo or a goat herder in the Takla Makan, and I'm sure many of us pretend to be someone else with a very different online persona. Our personality profiles may be of special interest to the spammers: our deep-seated interest in anyone who has an interest in us. We look back through the one-way mirror of statistical analysis and see who's watching us. Then we get stung for our troubles....this page is a copy - I accidentally pasted the whole of a bad URL into its predecessor, the Russian spambots saw it and started bombarding the page with 50 hits a day. In the end I had to delete it and start again, losing the 20 or so comments from humans. Who knows what these sites want, I don't, because I don't go there. Purebloggers.com may be helpful. But then it might not. Having seen all the rest of them annoying people, I'm less willing to trust new sites. BTW, there are other statcounters available that ignore spamsites. I quite like Blogger stats so I'm staying, but NiteCruzr of Blogger Help forum can show you other ways.
If this post helped you, feel free to forward the link. The more of us that are aware of this rubbish, the better for all of us.
It took me a while to work this one out. The first times I saw them I thought "Oh, what a nice thing to say, I shan't visit their site because the link is obviously a sales pitch and I can't visit their blogger profile because they're anonymous, but nice comment anyway."
It was only when a few had built up I noticed the pattern. The comments were kind and promising, but generic and not actually relevant to what I'd written in the post that had been commented on. All were anonymous. All invited me to view their websites in poor english. Here are some of the comments, and a link-less list of the source websites so you can see what I'm talking about.
● It's an awesome post designed for all the online viewers; they will take advantage from it I am sure.
● Having read this I believed it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together. I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
● Appreciate your info. I've bookmarked it in my bookmarks to check out this weekend. Keep up the great work!
● I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!
● There is certainly a great deal to know about this issue. I like all the points you made.
● I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I am hoping to view the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own website now ;)
● Very good post. I'm facing many of these issues as well
● Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful post. Thanks for providing these details.
● Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article! It's the little changes that make the most important changes. Thanks a lot for sharing
●Saved as a favorite, I like your site!
● A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I believe that you need to write more about this subject matter, it might not be a taboo subject but usually people do not speak about these subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!
● You should take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites online. I am going to recommend this website!
● Good day! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have got here on this post. I will be returning to your web site for more soon.
● Excellent blog post. I absolutely love this website. Keep it up!
● Great article. I am dealing with many of these issues as well.
● I'm excited to uncover this website. I want to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information in your web site.
● An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been conducting a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me breakfast simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this subject here on your site.
● I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now ;)
● This site was... how do you say it? Relevant! ! Finally I've found something which helped me.
See the pattern? Broken English, full of praise and promises but clearly not based on the actual post.
No doubt they are designed to instil a benevolent feeling in you so you then visit their link with a kind and open heart. I also got a few comments of a different style but still designed to elicit a response:
● The next time I read a blog, I hope that it won't fail me just as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read through, but I actually thought you would probably have something interesting to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could possibly fix if you were not too busy seeking attention.
● Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
● After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a way you are able to remove me from that service? Thank you!
Luckily, Blogger can see through this and mark them as spam. I still think it's quite funny, but still pointless. Plus they tend to target the same post repeatedly.
They can only do this because I've allowed anyone to comment, not asked people to do a CAPTCHA thing, so they don't mind commenting. I could simply put that back on and get no spam.
I don't know if they're purely advertisers or phishing / malware sites, and I'll never find out. Looking at the list, I can see another pattern - cheap loans, betting sites and a few random ones. Any of these guys been praising you?
Latest - "Thanks for share" (anonymous). But in the last letter there's a hidden link to hotprivateeye.com.
They get a backlink to their site - it increases their google ranking and they come higher up in a google search. So they're just using you.