Thursday 23 April 2015

Shoes, By George

children are annoying partenting failAnother lovely day stuck inside at school but it all got better when I was released. I was out first and beat all the parents.
I always spend the journey home quizzing, renegotiating and attempting to get what I need which is 7 hours of Minecraft, as much chocolate as I can eat and the remainder of the day in front of the TV.
I start with 'What jobs do we have today' and then I determine a running order for the afternoon several times, each time more skewed in my favour, until I imagine he has agreed with me. It doesn't take long for him to say that with all those things you need to do, we'd better delete Minecraft so you've got time, and I pipe down.
sports direct in debenhams southseaSo first we took the Coleman lamps to the Scout lock-up. These hurricane-lamp thingies needed new mantles, which is the little string bag that lights up. In the box we found some Tilley lamp mantles, so we brought back the Tilley lamps to see if we could refurbish them too. We also deposited 4 latrine tents, as you do.
Onwards to Debenhams, where we both bought new running shoes. I complain about the hardness of the pavements and so armed (or footed) with new purpose-made shoes, I expected a radical change.
We popped over the road to Jof's work and it was empty so we sidled up to one of those desk microphones and said into it "Oi Ratbag, what do you have to do to get some service around here" and there was a big tweetling howl-round on the speakers and Jof totally and studiously ignored us.
25MM AT hotchkiss copper armour piercing 1936It was not until a couple of minutes later when she wandered over to the other window that she noticed us at all, and I got a hug.
On my run around the park I stopped half way and said why do my feet still hurt then, surely these new shoes should whisk me round at the speed of a little boy's imagination with the comfort of a million sofas. But apparently it doesn't work that way so we stopped off at the swingpark and played with Jack W.
This naughty little copper armour-piercing monster is a Hotchkiss 25mm anti-tank round from 1936. This is why I'm glad I'm not a soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.