Saturday 18 April 2015

Legionaries' Disease (Sulk Plus)

child having massive sulk tantrum
Sulk-X-Treem behind a fold-up chair
Saturday! Everyone loves Saturdays. So I gleefully (without the stupid songs) accepted egg on toast for breakfast and Bud came in just when I was eating and watching Crap TV and said hey it's a lovely day, let's cycle up to Portchester Castle, buy some stuff in the shop, have a pub lunch, visit some swingparks, you know, do the stuff and the things. And I said Yes, sounds great, sure, sure. Of course, once he'd got back from yet another Scouts meeting (wonder what her name is?) I was busy upstairs with Lego and when he said get your shoes on, then, I shouted down that I didn't know what he was talking about and I had serious Lego to attend to and the plan of my day does not involve going out into the sunshine, thanks, especially as you've already bought eggs and black pudding for tomorrow's breakfast.
But this was Rudeness, apparently, and Intransigence and Arguing and being Unhelpful and Ungrateful. So Jof got ready to do some serious shouting and Bud just did the infuriating Talk to the Hand thing and I was unceremoniously bundled out of the door. 
The bit where I said sure, sure was basically a Man thing - if I just agree perhaps you'll stop wiffling and get out of my face while I'm trying to watch vital developments on TV (ie Spiderman vs Hulk). And it isn't admissible in MY court of law so I sulked all the way to the train station and did extra-value sulks on the train (even hiding my face inside a fold-up seat) and Sulk + all the way round the castle and up the medieval keep on top of the Roman original, and I didn't stop until lunch was mentioned. It really is a very good castle with great big lumps of history but I think the rain is getting to it because even more of it is falling down than usual, and I wasn't paying attention.


child having temper tantrum sulk
Sulking my way to the door
It was a Class A display of Harrumph-Sulk. We bought Jof some chocolate in the Castle shop and also some Senior Moment Memory-Loss Mints for Grandad, who is not entirely the man he once was. They also have a new line of "Join the Legion - Rome needs you!" Legionary with flag and determined expression teatowels and mugs and drinks mats and stuff, very funny indeed and sort of based on the Join the Wehrmacht and be heroic-style adverts.
Lunch was at the Cormorant on Castle Street and I had scampi and he had steak pie in beer and we were both very full of the excellent food served by very nice people we and cycled home against the very strong wind. Cosham and its environs has some unreasonably complicated road junctions with many lanes and crossing them was a chore.

ruined roman and medieval castle
I'm on the bench, head in hands
We stopped off at Hilsea Moat park and Fratton Railway park but didn't meet anyone we knew. The football was just kicking out when we rode past and they were all sullen, like I had been earlier.
At home Jof was pleased to see me and then she invited some ladies over to help her drink Prosecco and they finally bogged off so I could watch Rambo: First Blood again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.