Friday 27 March 2015

The Big Giant Head

penguin misses iceberg Hooray for Inquest Day! It's amazing that those highly qualified teachers need so much training.
Therefore we didn't get up until at least 10am which was fine by us and I got my Minecraft time in early but Woo-Boy next door started woo-ing and drumming at 0630 which woke Jof up.
The main event of the day was buying a new bike helmet. Now you may not think this is earth-shattering in its importance or complexity but if cycling up to Halfords is the only thing you've got on that day, you're talking relaxing.
We used the Eastern Road bike path and I stopped off to throw some rocks into the sea and Jof looked at Ipods and Iphones and Ipads and Ibrows but didn't buy any.
farmhouse restaurant burrfields portsmouthIn Halfords the nice man measured my head and I am an adult, although he said it didn't mean I could buy beer. The only helmets in the child-suitable range had yellow dinosaurs on so do not even go there and I selected the plainest adult one available although the straps are too long, I may be giant-headed, but a bit chinless.
We had lunch in the Farmhouse Restaurant nearby and they have an indoor soft play thingy and I was surrounded by 4 year-old girls so I recruited the only boy and we did all the usual attack-chase games.
You know the git reporter in Die Hard 1 and 2 who was also the git environmental health Nazi in Ghostbusters? Well, this guy was his clone. I played the Madagascar Wii game where you have to dance with penguins or lemurs or whatever.
madagascar wii game pony club burrfields portsmouthIn swimming I beat Conor (the best in class) because he did breaststroke and I did crawl. Sometimes you need brains.
Later, Jof and I played Sniper. One of her Facebook friends had (after 25 deleted attempts) managed to post a video of himself turning off the light in his bedroom (to the consternation of his dog) using a Nerf gun from across the room.
Clearly we had to re-create this epic effort and we tried, Oh how we tried. Only 3 hours later, once I was naked and about to shower, did Bud visit my room and I said watch this, mush, and I shot the light off first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.