Monday 5 January 2015

Standing at the top of the Ski Jump

vulture culture funeral formalitiesToday is Ski-jump day, when you look down the long slippery slope of the entire year with its retroussé end which will fling me into next year as a man in double figures.
Well, I returned to school armed with my hastily-relearnt 7 times table and my reading record. This proved to be a great shield against adversity as when colleagues announced they had read anything from 20 to 220 pages, my 560 pages were looking strong.
We learned about Greeks who fought the Persians a lot and we tried Greek speciality foods such as Naan bread and feta cheese. I didn't like the yogurt dip.
It does seem that everyone has an X-box. And also a Wii, X-box mini, Max-box 480, Wii-u and other varieties and subspecies, often several at once. Well I haven't. But I did go straight onto Minecraft where some wag had broken into my house and left me a Witch. I killed her.
I did manage to write my 2 vanishingly small thank-you letters: I have Ben to thank for reminding me, but no letter for him. I only had to write 2 because almost everyone in my little family is dead. I suppose some kind of thank-you incense-burning prayer wheel could be arranged ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.