Saturday 5 January 2013

The antepenultimate day of self-autonomy

It's been good. I've Legoed (if that isn't already a real verb, it is now), stared gormlessly at the TV and eaten chocolate enough for a lifetime in the fortnight or so of school holidays, but remember this too shall pass.
movie billboard advert naoimi watts
On the morning walk we discovered that the billboard advert I was supposed to have my picture taken in front of has been changed. This is a terrible shame and he was most petulant. I recreate here the section of the advert I was supposed to be pointing at: my dearest PuddleFriend Bobert in his Hollywood debut in the film "The Impossible" with Ewan MacGregor inter alia. The picture definition here is a pale shadow of the original, but I assure you it's him.
radar reflector on coast
Anyway, then we went to the Tenth Hole cafe to meet old friends Andrew and Louise for coffee and arguments over how much food I was going to eat. They'd bought me a birthday present, you'll never guess what it was. No? It's Lego. I sat at another table and constructed the Lego Roadster, then we counted container ships and threw rocks at the radar reflector on the beach until Jof got cold. OK, so it looks like I'm cradling an abandoned seal pup. But really it's because I've got cold hands. Stopping only to have a quick swing in Canoe Lake park, we went home for laziness, Totopoly and bath fizzer night.
My Youtube videos were sadly deficient. I wanted Lego fights but all we could find were two 9 year-olds playing Spinjitsu where the winner is judged by how many bits fall off, and a stop motion film with 2 Lego humanoids doing a swordfight with inappropriate overdubs "Kazon, I will avenge my father's death" etc. So we tried a Lenny McLean unlicensed boxing clip but it was 30 seconds of bad footage. It's just the wrong search terms. I might as well have asked for 'Extreme daffodil cultivation' or 'Pimp my loft extension'.
===================================================



Our final visit to the crazy world of Germanic yesteryear concerns Johnny head-in-air.

I know a Johnny and his head is more often in a book, but names aren't everything.






 Here Mr Johnny pioneers the hilarious goose-step which was used a century or so later by some of his countrymen.



It certainly seems to keep the fish amused.



 It's nice to always have a couple of sturdy bearded Teutonic chaps around to help you out of a river.

This concludes our look at (selected pages of) the magnum opus of our favourite physician.

You just don't get this kind of stuff any more.
Then again, you didn't get access to infinite amounts of naked girlies via the internet back then, you actually had to go out into the street and pay for it.
Some of my friends have found out about the internet and what you can find. I'm sure it won't be long until I do as well....

1 comment:

  1. No stories about me? My fav was the soup story. -Ben

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.