Friday 28 September 2012

Living in a single-parent family

topless girls on holiday beach parenting failsJof was in a good mood when she took me to school today. Well, it was tinged with some overly-clutchy teary emotion as she couldn't quite let me go, but you only get 1 mother.
The laundry went out at 0530 today, because the Weatherguessers said it would be good drying weather. It rained all day: methinks it will have to stay out for 2 days.
Now it's a weekend of chap-based debauchery and man stuff, maybe I'll watch Terminator and Babestation again.
Today is my first spelling test of Year 2. These words are tricky and I've been in tears more than once at their unfairness.
royal artillery pub milton portsmouthAmuse Argue Rescue Few School Naughty Well behaved Laugh. Just when you've got used to the -ue sound, you get a Few. Then one of them is 2 words - surely that's illegal. And then one -gh- is silent, and one makes an F. What is it with this language? Anyway, I got 8 out of 8 and a sticker to prove it. On the way back I invited half-oriental Sam to play in Box #8 for a few minutes before it gets destroyed. He loved it and I think his Mum was a little nonplussed by the 2 maniacs jumping up and down. Sam also refused to come out at going-home time, following the lead of LittleMax and Jack W before him.
royal artillery pub portsmouthAs freedom sets in, we have decided to go down the pub, as it is the manly thing to do.
The heating system at the swimming pool was broken again. Swimming was off for the second week running. I was not amused: but the manager herself promised me 2 weeks of double lessons to make up for it.
We met the JoniBobs and Ben at the Royal Artillery Pub and proceeded to throw the football and wave our light sabres in the usual fashion. The England ball got stuck on the corrugated roof to the amusement of the unknown pub-goers but one of our number was a tool-using primate and used a light sabre to retrieve it. We played inside and outside. Many crisps later we headed home and I got hooked on Star Trek TNG with pizza. Bed approx 2230. Much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.