Monday 24 September 2012

Drinking the bathwater

Well, that was a fun walk to school. I have destroyed my own umbrella by pretending it was a walking stick and banging it on the pavement - which resulted in the shaft parting company with the spokes. So I took Jofs' brolly, leaving her to soak thoroughly in the freezing arctic air.
you are the millionth visitor claim your prize funny failThe leaves are falling off the trees. This is not because it's Autumn, but because the wind is gusting at 90 mph. Follower Corinne got back from a Mediterranean holiday and wondered why it was dark. In school the Reception year kiddies started school and we learned a new song with many words, of which all I can remember is "The big red combine harvester, chop chop, thresh, thresh". It is unrelated to the 1976 chart-topper by The Wurzels. Playtime was marred by the rain, the whole playground was one big puddle so we couldn't go out at all, I doubtme that any crops survived to be harvested by the big red combine harvester. In Beaver Scouts we pressed on with our new badge - Emergency Protocols. We are presented with a myriad of possible disasters eg somebody electrocutes themselves on a plug, the house is on fire or a passenger is seen plummeting from the sundeck of the Isle of Wight Ferry. In every case the correct response seems to be to summon a large ambulance, although in the case of the burning building, you are advised to leave said fiery edifice before making the call. Then we finished early for some reason and I filled the time by demonstrating my scooter to my peers who probably all have a bigger and better scooter than mine. My audience was agog when I pressed the little handlebar release buttons, but then I shoved one handle back in too far, missing the clasp so the nob thing clicked into place on the central shaft, instead of the correct hole. Thus I was left with a terminally disabled scooter, with one short handle and the other hanging down on a cord. I carried it home. To make up for it, I had the held-over Bath Fizzer Night. On a Monday? How delightfully decadent.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.